Having a baby is exciting and an event to look forward to. Hence, baby showers are meant to celebrate this joy with expecting moms and to welcome babies in this world. Everyone has their own ideas of organising baby showers, though usually family and friends arrange baby showers before the baby is born, there are those who give baby shower parties after the birth of the baby.
While selecting a gift for the baby shower consulting other guests to make sure you don’t end up buying the same thing is a good idea. If this is not possible, purchase products which can be exchanged for another useful item by the new mother. To help you come up with the perfect gift for an upcoming baby shower I have compiled a list of gift ideas for the baby and the mother-to- be, which include some traditional gifts as well as innovative ideas to help the new mother.
Gifts for the Baby:
- Clothes are always welcome by new moms, especially onesies, sleepers, blankets, caps and booties are an all time favourite.
- Baby bath items.
- Baby bedding which includes a set of bed sheets, bumper, crib skirt and you could add a cute mobile to keep the baby entertained.
- A diaper cake with an assortment of clothes, receiving blanket, cuddly toys makes a great baby shower gift.
- A gift voucher to let the expecting mom buy according to what she needs.
Gifts for the Mom-to-be:
- Shirts with fun patterns especially tailored to make breast feeding easy.
- Cleaning services for the first couple of weeks to help settle down with the baby.
- Home delivery meal services to take burden off the cooking or you could ask the mom about her preferences and freeze cooked meals for her.
- A spa voucher after the baby is born and you could add in babysitting to give her some time to relax.
- Nanny to help with the baby including doing his/her laundry for a few days.
- Volunteer to help set up the baby’s nursery.
If you are a parent with grown children, for more expensive items such as cribs, car seats and strollers, ask the parents-to-be if they are alright with the concept of using your children’s items which you no longer need and are in a good condition.
Baby showers can be fun and are a great way to help parents with baby items instead of having them purchase everything by themselves. If you are the host and are planning a baby shower party include some fun games, you could also ask the guests to contribute to the food by bringing in one of their favourite dish to increase the variety of food and make certain you consult with the parents-to-be about the guest list beforehand.
Good luck with your baby shower party and have fun celebrating the arrival of a precious baby.